NEW Dolls House Quiet Book
and Sew Along
Quiet Books…They’re everywhere! EVERY time I scroll Pinterest, they’re always right there in my feeds. Well, let me fill you in on some super exciting news! I designed the ultimate in quiet books, and a sew along to go with it! AND, had the pleasure of collaborating with Rebecca Page (Mummykins and Me) to make all happen: The NEW Dolls House Quiet Book and Sew Along is here!
NEW Dolls House Quiet Book and Sew Along
My Dolls House Quiet Book features interactive and sensory engaging activities for kids on the go. While Doll Houses are usually geared towards girls, there are lots of boy-friendly options available with this pattern (in fact, my 9-year-old son plays with his more than his little sister does, lol).
Rooms include a Living room and Bedroom for a traditional-style Dolls House. Or, a campsite and swimmin’ hole for an outdoorsy, camping theme. Mix and match as desired and have fun customizing a one-of-a-kind toy for your one-of-a-kind child. The Dolls House Quiet Book is sure to inspire creative and imaginative play, for hours of productive (not to mention, quiet) fun <3
Oh! And, don’t forget about the dollies! This pattern includes 3 softy dollies to chose from, including a sweet little kitty, an adorable mouse, and a cuddly bear. Aren’t they the cutest? Make one, or make a entire family to play with.
The Dolls House Quiet Book Sew Along
Aug 7 – Aug 13
Well? Are you excited, or what? I know am! So, let’s get ready 😀
To help you prepare for the Sew Along, I’ve compiled a shopping list of materials you’ll need for this project.
Most of these items are things you may already have in your sewing arsenal. But, in case you don’t happen to have all of these supplies handy, I created an e-store with everything you’ll need on Amazon. Of course, you can shop anywhere you want, but I just find it quick and easy to have it all at my fingertips (and not have to drag my kids, kicking and screaming, through Hobby Lobby) You can view my Amazon picks HERE.
- Dolls House Quiet Book PDF Pattern – Pattern is on sale for just $5 for the Sew Along!!!
- Fabric – about 1 yard for the house itself (or you can mix and match fat quarters for the different rooms), plus lots and lots of scraps.
- Batting – also, about 1 yard. This craft-sized option was perfect for mine.
- Embroidery Floss or Puff Paint – for details such as flower stems.
- Buttons – various shapes and sizes
- Polyfill – to stuff dollies
- Ribbon – 1.5 – 2 yards
- Fray Check *Optional – To prevent fraying on raw edges, if desired.
Sew Along Schedule:
This Sew Along starts Monday, Aug. 7 and will go thru Sunday, Aug. 13. You will have the opportunity to WIN PRIZES during the Sew Along. Yahhh!!!!! How sweet is that!?
- Day 1 (Aug 7): Prepare materials. Printing, cutting, rummaging through all your scraps and reminiscing about all the previous projects you’ve made (this could take all day, lol)
- Day 2 (Aug 8): Design & sew Softy Dolly(s). Sew the roof to the outside house pieces, and apply batting for all 4 pieces.
- Day 3 (Aug 9): Design & sew outside of house (front and back)
- Day 4 (Aug 10): Design & sew inside rooms (Living room, bedroom, campsite, etc.)
- Day 5 (Aug 11): Assemble and finish the house
- Day 6 & 7 (Aug 12 & 13): Catch up and share
I am so proud of this project and can’t wait to see you all sew it up!
Where to share:
- Rebecca Page PDF Pattern Group on Facebook. This is a great place to share ALL your Rebecca page makes, as well as ask questions and receive/offer support in sticky sewing situations. Use hashtag #quietbooksal when posting pics so we can keep track 😉
- Quiet Book Sew Along Event: Also on Facebook. Join the event to stay on top of everything happening during the sew along.
Oh! Soooo excited for this! So excited, that I will be sewing another Dolls House during the sew along. Yahhh!!! I can’t wait to sew a Dolls House Quiet Book right along with you <3
See you soon!
***This post may contain affiliate links. This means, if you make a purchase through one of my affiliated links, I earn a few pennies. This helps feed my fabric habit, which leads to more blog posts for you to read and enjoy. It’s a win, win. So click away…..
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.