Just look at that smile! He’s a happy boy in his new Reef Walker shorts from New Horizons Designs. And who could blame him? These knit shorts are super comfortable and perfect for an active kid like him 😀
I got to be a tester for these super cool shorts and I gotta say, this was one of the easiest things I’ve ever had the pleasure of testing. To be honest, it almost felt like cheating. The Reef Walkers are a quick and easy sew, which is great if you like instant gratification (like me) 😉
- The Reef Walkers are great for both boys and girls.
- They come in 2 different lengths: longer length for boys (seen here), or a shorter mid-thigh length for girls.
- A unique kangaroo pocket across the front.
- Elastic waistband with optional drawstring- Liam decided he didn’t want one. Bummer, because the drawstring looks awesome on these shorts 😉
- Available sizes range from 6-12mo all the way up to size 16!
The release of this pattern happens to be perfect timing. The June challenge over at Project Run and Play is “Clothing for Playing Games.” The goal is to sew clothing that’s meant to be played in. I’d say these Reef Walker shorts definitely fit the bill. I paired them with the Elevation Hoodie (also from New Horizons) though I shortened the sleeves for warmer weather. It’s the perfect combo for a fun Summer day of play!
Btw: I gave Liam full reign over the fabric selection for this outfit. I think he did a pretty good job! He chose the buffalo check knit fabric (part of the club line from Raspberry Creek Fabrics) as well as the solid black. The motorcycle knit is from Girl Charlee.
One of Liam’s favorite things right now is riding his bike. He’s ready to head out in his new outfit for his evening ride 😀
So if you’re looking for a super comfortable pair of shorts the kiddos can play hard in, head on over to New Horizons and get your Reef Walker shorts pattern. Today is the last day to get it at the intro price of $7. So don’t wait. Go get it now!