Well it seems that someone saw fit to nominate me for the Liebster Award! I’m not sure what I did right to catch this person’s eye, but I feel so honored. Thank you so much, Bronwen from The Natural Homeschool Mom for surprising me with this nomination! And BTW, as a home-schooling Mom myself, I have to say I’ve enjoyed scrolling through her website and finding helpful tips and inspiration. School’s wrapping up for the year but I look forward to what she has in store when school starts again this Fall 😉
Admittedly, I was not entirely familiar with this award, so I did a little research. The Liebster Award is a fun way for bloggers to discover and promote fellow bloggers. The point is for the blogging community to get to know you better with a series of questions about YOU and discover new, up and coming blogs along the way.
So without further ado…
Here are Bronwen’s 11 questions about me:
- What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten? Nothing. I am the world’s pickiest eater! Lol 😀
- If you could read only one book for a year, what would it be? I was actually just given the opportunity to test a pattern in a new book called Sew Snappy. It’s a book full of a variety of craft and sewing projects. Can’t wait for it to release in a couple months so I can read and create all year long. Of course, I will have more info on this when the time comes 😉
- What is your favorite charity and why? Locks of Love. Or any similar charity that provides hair for kids with cancer and helps them feel a sense of normalcy during a very difficult time. I have donated my hair 5 times over the years 😀
- What person present day or history would you most like to have a conversation with? My Grandmother. My childhood relationship with her was great, but conversations I had with her as an adult were much more meaningful. Wish I could have more of them.
- Why did you start blogging? I have a love of vintage embroidered linens and I wanted to share my passion with others and inspire people to breathe new life into them as well. I am also working hard to learn more sewing skills and being a part of this ever-growing sewing community via my blog has been a wonderful learning experience.
- What would be your dream occupation? I already have it! I am a stay-at-home mom where I home-school 2 of my 4 kids. They have special circumstances that make a brick and mortar classroom challenging. Attending school online instead has been invaluable for their success.
- If you could do anything to make this world a better place, what would it be? Remember that old saying “It takes a village”? Last year, we moved our family from the city to a small island in the Puget Sound. With only a little over 1000 people that live here year-round, we definitely have a small town feel here. If I could do anything to make the world a better place, it would be to have every town be a small town so our kids are always looked after and nurtured.
- What is the one thing that will always make you feel better? Lattes! I am from the Pacific Northwest where we have an espresso stand on every corner. Sipping on a warm, frothy latte on a rainy day is divine.
- What do you most admire about yourself? This is a tough question. It’s hard to look at yourself in admiration. But if I have to pick something, it has to be the fact that I am a stay-at-home mom. Many women don’t want to give up their careers or they feel they need to contribute to the family financially. My kids are happy and healthy and I feel that is the best contribution I can give.
- What is your favorite childhood memory? I grew up in a very musical family. My Dad has many instruments on which he plays bluegrass, and my mother sings opera. I remember many nights falling asleep, listening to my dad playing his banjo. And I have many fond memories playing back stage while my mother performed.
- Do you have a bucket list? Nope. As long as I’ve raised my kids the best I can and be the best wife I can be, I can die happy (but not any time soon!)
10 More Random Facts About Me:
- I am the worst at speling … oops, “spelling”
- My husband is my best friend 🙂
- Before I became a stay-at-home mom, I worked as a loan officer.
- We have a 9 month old Weimaraner puppy named, Fraulein Strudel.
- We just bought a house 2 months ago.
- We’ve been doing minor renovating on our new house ever since.
- We hope to actually live in our new house sometime soon.
- My husband and I will have our 15 year wedding anniversary this Fall! <3
- I’ve been sewing a lot for my kids over the years, but I just recently started sewing for myself.
- I have a poorly neglected shop on Etsy where I sell made-be-me coin purses and toddler dresses made from vintage embroidered linens. Visit my shop (here).
My List of Nominees:
Some of these are blogs I already follow and have enjoyed reading. But some of these I’ve just recently stumble upon and think they deserve a nod.
- Sew Sophie Lynn
- Pear Berry Lane
- Deux Souriceaux
- Sew Mariefleur
- Adventures with Bubba and Bug
- Making This House Our Home
- Farm Fresh Homestead
- Viva La Vintage
- Avenue of Daydreams
- Penny Sew Vintage
My Questions for you are:
- What is your blog about?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could travel any where, where would you go?
- What did you want to grow up to be when you were a child?
- If you were the main character in a movie, what celebrity would want to play you?
- If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would do?
- Do you have any helpful tips for other bloggers out there?
- What is something most people don’t know about you?
- What do you do with your free time?
- What’s the one thing you simply can’t live without?
- What is your biggest fear?
Please keep in mind that this is voluntary and there is no pressure to participate. I simply wanted to pay it forward and give you the chance to spread the word about your blog. If you chose to participate, here are the official rules:
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2016
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog.
- Display the award on your blog. You can find award images online just by searching “Liebster Award”.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here if you like)
- Inform your nominees that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
I hope you all have fun with this lovely award and pay it forward to some of your favorite blogs out there. Can’t wait to see what you all come up with 😀
And a big THANK YOU again to Bronwen from The Natural Homeschool Mom for including me in this!