Well, you had to know I was going to make another one, right? I recently got to work with the ever so talented Olga Becker over at Coffee and Thread on the new Ania Tunic pattern (just released!). I already posted the knit versions I made for testing a few days ago, but I’ve got a special one for you today.
The Ania Tunic was absolutely perfect for re-purposing one of my vintage embroidered pillowcases. Anna so totally LOVES kitties! So this pillowcase featuring kitties playing in a field of flowers seems appropriate. And, paired with this adorable purple (Anna’s favorite color) heart fabric I received from a fellow islander doing a “destash”, she couldn’t be happier 😉
By the way, did you know that ‘Ania’ just happens to be ‘Anna’ in Russian? Neither did I until Olga told me. How sweet is that!
Anyway, if you missed my previous post featuring my knit version of the Ania Tunic , I’ve got all the details here for you:
This adorable little girls’ tunic from Coffee and Thread comes with a few options:
- Choose between woven or knit material: The woven version has a lined bodice with a button loop closure in the back. Optional ribbon closure as well. The knit version has a neck band for easy dressing and no lining.
- 2 sleeve lengths: Choose between short sleeves for warmer weather, or long sleeves to transition to cooler weather.
- Pockets: Optional front panel pockets with super sweet bows on them.
- Available in sizes 9mo-12yrs. Pattern grows with your child 😉
- This pattern is great for confident beginners and pairs well with the Wild and Free pants (also from Coffee and Thread)!
This particular tunic was not a part of the pattern testing as I had to deviate slightly from the pattern to avoid the side seams. I really didn’t want to cut into that crochet just to have to sew it back together again. And anyway, the Ania has a certain vintage vibe that lends itself perfectly to my vintage linens. I just couldn’t resist!
It seems this tunic has inspired some interesting kitty-like behavior….
So, if you haven’t got the Ania Tunic pattern yet, hop on over to Coffee and Thread and get it while it’s still at the intro price of $6 (thru June 6th). And be sure to share it on social media with the hashtag #aniatunic for us all to see 🙂
To see some more inspiration photos of the Ania Tunic, check out the Tester Round-up post on Coffee and Thread’s blog, HERE. Sooo many beautiful tunics. It was such a privilege to work among these very talented ladies!